VCP, with oversight provided by the Board of Managers and Committees, established the Global Quality Program, the foundation of a clinically integrated network through which quality metrics are captured, monitored and evaluated.
Starting in 2013, using Crimson Continuum of Care, an advanced data technology platform that collects and manages quality data, Virginia Care Partners has demonstrated exceptional clinical performance in key areas of both hospital inpatient and physician office patient care.
- Fewer poorly controlled diabetics ( HbA1c >9)
- Appropriate testing prior to antibiotic prescription for pediatric pharyngitis
- Better pharmacologic management of COPD
- Increased ambulatory visits for Asthma and COPD, Ambulatory Care Sensitive Conditions*, conditions that should not require hospitalization if managed effectively in an ambulatory setting
- Reduced hospital-acquired conditions, length of stay and complication rate